Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Westlake Reed Leskosky engaged in a facilities assessment for the Sheikh Khalifa Medical Center site in 2007. The scope include the assessment of forty-one (41) buildings totaling over 1,300,000 sf. Assessment included architectural, medical, mechanical, electrical, structural and all other systems on the 100 acre main campus site.
In addition to this, Westlake Reed Leskosky evaluated sixteen (16) clinic buildings throughout Abu Dhabi totaling over 550,000 sf. The key challenge of this project was that all field work had to be completed within five (5) working days. Once field work was completed, a complete facilities assessment report was submitted to the Owner within sixty (60) days from the project start. In addition to this, Westlake Reed Leskosky completed a 20 year master plan. Within this master plan, Westlake Reed Leskosky defined a phasing/implementation/budget plan to guide management decisions.
Westlake Reed Leskosky also created concept designs for a new medical complex in Abu Dhabi. Encompassing 2 million square feet in a campus-like setting, the new complex will replace an existing facility and will serve the local United Arab Emirates populace and the Royal family. Key considerations for the project are to bring the new facility up to current world standards for healthcare, to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of care through improved space planning, and to mitigate harsh environmental conditions for building such as a high brine water table and extreme heat and humidity.
- Avon Inpatient Bedtower
- Brunswick Family Health Center Emergency Department
- Cleveland Clinic Avon Inpatient Bedtower
- Crile Building
- Debra Ann November Wing, The Lerner School for Autism
- Digestive Disease Center
- Euclid Hospital Emergency Department
- Heart Hospital
- Hillcrest Hospital Major Campus Expansion
- Hillcrest Hospital West Tower
- Hillcrest Medical Center MOB
- Lakewood Hospital Master Plan
- South Pointe Hospital
- The Callahan Center for Radiation Oncology and Robotics
- Twinsburg Family Health and Surgery Center
- Twinsburg Family Health and Surgery Center Master Plan