Hillcrest Hospital Major Campus Expansion
Hillcrest Hospital serves a four county region in Northeastern Ohio-a population requiring broader healthcare services than when the hospital was built in 1968. It is one of only six hospitals in the US to be ranked ten times among the nation's Top 100 Hospitals and a Top 100 Hospital for its cardiovascular services by Thomson Healthcare. Continuing a two-decade consultancy relationship with Hillcrest Hospital that has encompassed more than 220 projects, Westlake Reed Leskosky designed and implemented a major campus expansion for this landlocked hospital.
The 5-year, phased project involved nearly every area of the 424-bed, full-service hospital. A new four-story bed tower with 72 private rooms was built to the north in front of the existing main entrance to the hospital. The addition was constructed with no disruption to existing patient rooms and will accommodate future expansion. The project also includes renovations and expansion to the existing hospital encompassing: an expansion and total redesign of the Emergency Department and Level II Trauma Center; fully redesigned and expanded operation rooms and surgical services; development of a Level III NICU and renovated labor and delivery and postpartum areas; renovations to the hospital's main bed tower; expanded parking; major infrastructure improvements; and planning for future expansion, including links to a "north campus."
The $163 million project represents the largest single capital investment by the Cleveland Clinic in any of its nine community hospitals.
The building achieved LEED NC Silver certification criteria.
- Avon Inpatient Bedtower
- Brunswick Family Health Center Emergency Department
- Cleveland Clinic Avon Inpatient Bedtower
- Crile Building
- Debra Ann November Wing, The Lerner School for Autism
- Digestive Disease Center
- Euclid Hospital Emergency Department
- Heart Hospital
- Hillcrest Hospital West Tower
- Hillcrest Medical Center MOB
- Lakewood Hospital Master Plan
- Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- South Pointe Hospital
- The Callahan Center for Radiation Oncology and Robotics
- Twinsburg Family Health and Surgery Center
- Twinsburg Family Health and Surgery Center Master Plan