Gartner Welcome Center
This Welcome Center designed for Mount Union College projects an image of gracious hospitality while referencing existing built forms on campus and evoking the traditional antecedents of recognized campus architecture. Sited within the main campus lawn next to the campus lakes, the building is omni-directional, respectfully addressing neighboring buildings and streets. The building will be the main threshold to the campus, welcoming and orienting prospective students and families to the College.
Designed for the College's Admissions Services Department, the 10,000 gsf building contains offices for Admissions and Student Financial Services leadership and staff, as well as family interview rooms, conference space, and a central reception and waiting space.
Our initial ideas about the shaping and articulation of the building were derived from an analysis of Chapman Hall, the oldest building on campus, and particularly Chapman's octagonal tower element. In terms of materials and style, the Welcome Center's brick masonry, white trim, gray roof, limestone sill, oriel windows, cupola, form of gables, and pattern work in the masonry all reference the heritage of the Mount Union campus.
Westlake Reed Leskosky provided complete design services for the building, including the full complement of Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering design, as well as LEED consulting and commissioning. The project is pursuing LEED Gold certification.
- Campus Master Plan
- Center for Creative Arts
- Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative
- College of Arts & Architecture Master Plan
- Eisenhower Auditorium
- Engineering & Business Building
- Fine and Visual Arts Facility
- Gallaher Hall (Health Sciences Building)
- Giese Center for the Performing Arts
- Iris S. and Bert L. Wolstein Research Building
- Lake Erie College Austin Hall of Science
- Malicky Center
- Math and Computer Science Building
- Music and Communications Building
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Temporary Student Activities Pavilion
- The Bertram and Judith Kohl Building
- Ursuline College Master Plan and Campus Design