Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative
Working with former Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative (CUDC) Director, Christopher Diehl, as the Design Lead, Westlake Reed Leskosky provided architectural and interior design, structural engineering and MEP engineering services to renovate the upper floor of the historic Cowell & Hubbard Building (originally built in 1919 and modified in 1955) at 1305 Euclid Avenue. The renovated space houses new studios, gallery, classroom/conference spaces and faculty and staff offices for CUDC which will be the first tenant in this newly adapted building.
The design approach was to reveal the history of renovations/alterations of the building by leaving many of the architectural elements, including raw concrete floors and plaster walls, exposed and intact. In keeping with this approach and to provide flexibility and ease of maintenance, much of the wiring and infrastructure is also left exposed.
Westlake Reed Leskosky also provided LEED consultation and MEP Engineering services for the renovation of the core and shell of this building, which is owned by PlayhouseSquare Foundation. This scope included HVAC and lighting design for the public entrance, a public corridor, and new public restrooms within the 44,907 SF building.
- Campus Master Plan
- Center for Creative Arts
- Eisenhower Auditorium
- Engineering & Business Building
- Fine and Visual Arts Facility
- Gartner Welcome Center
- Lake Erie College Austin Hall of Science
- Math and Computer Science Building
- Music and Communications Building
- PlayhouseSquare Master Plan and Implementation
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- The Bertram and Judith Kohl Building